Volunteers For Animals, Inc. is a non-profit animal care organization created in 1984. We work in partnership with the Genesee County Animal Shelter. The Shelter is located in Batavia, NY which is halfway between Buffalo and Rochester in upstate New York.
Our goals include:
- To care for lost or stray animals in Genesee County and to find good homes for them.
- To assist in promoting adoptions from the Genesee County Animal Shelter. This is accomplished through advertising in the local media, on the Internet, and through an extensive email list.
- To assist at the Shelter by cleaning, performing paperwork, and helping care for sick or injured animals at the shelter.
- To provide Pet Therapy at local nursing homes.
- To promote the neutering or spaying of every animal adopted.
- To promote important vaccinations of cats and dogs.
Donations in any amount are greatly appreciated and are also tax deductible.
Volunteers For Animals Federal Tax ID number is 22-2783890.
Volunteers For Animals New York State Registered Shelter/Rescue number is RR125.
Donations are used for:
- The Spay-Neuter Program. We have made it our goal to spay and neuter all animals prior to adoption.
- Special foods, medicines and supplies for the animals at the Genesee County Animal Shelter that the County does not supply.
- Publicizing the shelter and adoptable animals by placing ads in the Batavia Daily News, The Genesee Valley Pennysaver, WBTA Radio and publishing a quarterly newsletter.
Volunteers For Animals Monthly Meetings
Regular general membership meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm at the Shelter. They are open to all active and contribuing members and the general public. We encourage everyone to come out and speak up for the animals.